[npemap-talk] Using OSM and search engines to find postcodes

bitplane gaz at bitplane.net
Fri Jan 16 11:11:03 GMT 2009

OpenStreetMap has tons of road names, those road names exist within some
town, the town exists within a county. If we search the web for "road name,
town name, county, " and then read and validate the next few characters from
the search result we can find every postcode that has a business on it,
without infringing on Royal Mail's database rights.

By using the mean location of the waypoints along the road, we have an
approximate GPS location.

Does this sound feasible, and legal?