[npemap-talk] Using OSM and search engines to find postcodes

Gaz Davidson garethdavidson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 23 18:59:11 GMT 2009

I've given this some more thought and have a safer idea. Contact hand
edited, paid for business directories and ask for permission to search
their sites for post codes. Then stick all these into a custom google
search engine and give osm users some web interface to it using
googles ajax api (rather than search bots which are against google's
terms).
Finally, get osm to implement some user level tag that says 'my edits
are public domain' and import only the ways made by these
contributors.
Rather long winded, but as far as i can see legal and certainly
achievable given enough time

--
Sent from my mobile device