Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is an American style cookie recipe. To make a chocolate chocolate chip cookie, replace a little of the flour with cocoa powder.
190C 375F GM5 preheated oven
- 125g or 4½oz butter, softened
- 125g or 4½oz soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g or 7oz self-raising flour
- 125g or 4½oz chocolate, chopped or chips
- 50g or 1¾oz chopped Brazil Nuts or more chocolate or a contrasting colour of chocolate
- Lightly grease baking trays.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten egg to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve the flour and salt into the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture on the prepared baking trays. Do not put too close together as the mixture spreads considerably during cooking.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 190C 375F GM5 for 10-12 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks and leave until completely cold before serving (as if! best if a bit cooler so chocolate doesn't burn mouth but is still melted).
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.