Fudge Krispie Cakes
Scale up this recipe to make as much as you wish
- a bain marie
- Either fairy cake cases and a number of bun tins or a tray.
- A cool or cold place, such as a scullery or refrigerator.
- 50g or 2oz Milk Chocolate
- 50g or 2oz Margarine
- 50g or 2oz Golden Syrup
- 50g or 2oz Cornflakes or Rice Krispies
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie. Note: do not get water in molten chocolate otherwise it will go stiff and become unworkable.
- Melt syrup and margarine in a pan over a low heat.
- Mix syrup and margarine into chocolate.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together gently. I find it useful to pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. I find it best to use a palette knife, table spoon or serving spoon for the mixing rather than a wooden spoon.
- Divide into paper cases or put into tray and "encourage" to be flat.
- Leave to set, preferably in a refrigerator.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.