preheated oven, 180C 350F GM4
- 175g or 6oz butter
- 175g or 6oz muscovado sugar
- 225g or 8oz plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Lightly grease baking trays.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg and cloves into the creamed mixture.
- Stir the dark rum into the creamed mixture.
- Using 2 teaspoons, place small mounds of the mixture, on to the baking trays, about 7cm or 3" apart because they spread lots during cooking.
- Flatten each one slightly with the back of a spoon or fork (fork is prettier).
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C 350F GM4 for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave the biscuits to cool before serving.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.