Julie's Lemon Cake
This is a great one bowl easy mix cake. To make it milk free, replace the milk with 3.5 tabs water and the butter with a dairy free margarine.
- cake tin
- mixer or electric whisk optional
preheated oven, 180-190C 350-375F GM4-5
- 100g or 4oz butter (softened) or margarine
- 175g or 6oz self-raising flour
- 175g or 6oz caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- citrus jelly shapes
- Grease tin but do not line it.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or mixer and beat for 5 minutes.
- Pour into cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven 180-190C for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin.
- Prick cake all over with fork/cocktail sticks/skewers.
- Decorate with citrus jelly things (optional).
- Pour lemon syrup over pricked cake while still hot.
- Leave to cool before turning out and serving.
Links (to icings etc)
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.