- 100g or 4oz white self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 30ml or 2 tablespoons milk (extra milk may be needed to mix)
- Mix all the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
- Beat the milk with the egg and pour into the well in the dry ingredients.
- ix in gradually, adding more milk if necessary until the mixture is a soft dropping consistency.
- Grease a frying pan well and allow it to become very hot.
- Pour enough of the mixture into the pan to form a small pancake about 10-13cm 4-5inches across.
- Turn after a few moments to cook the other side.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.