Triple Chocolate Sponge Pudding
- 6 individual 175ml or 6 fluid oz pudding moulds
- a roasting tin or deep dish they will stand in
- kitchen foil
pre-heated oven, 180C 350F GM4
- 125g or 4½oz butter, softened
- 150g or 5½oz soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- pinch of salt
- 25g or 1oz cocoa powder
- 125g or 4½oz self-raising flour
- 200g or 3¾oz chocolate, chopped finely. I use a mixture of plain, milk and white chocolate.
- Lightly grease pudding moulds.
- Lightly grease the shiny sides of 6 squares of foil to fit the top of the moulds.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Sieve the salt, cocoa powder and flour into the creamed mixture and fold through the mixture.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared pudding moulds.
- Cover the tops of the moulds with the foil, grease side down. Press around the edges to seal.
- Place the moulds in a roasting tin and pour in boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180C 350F GM4 for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of each pudding and turn out on to serving plates.
- Serve with double cream.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.