This isn't so much a recipes as hints and quantities. The crumble mixture can be stored in a jar in the fridge for a few days. Don't overfill the oven dish, otherwise the fruit boils out. If you're doing apple crumble, mix in some cinnamon to the crumble for a nice spicy taste.
mediumish? moderate-moderately hot I guess.
- 100g or 4oz plain flour
- 50g or 2oz sugar (brown looks good and gives a richer taste)
- 50g or 2oz hard margarine
- fruit of your choice
- Rub the flour, sugar and margarine together.
- Chop the fruit and mix in some sugar and water if required. You might want to pre-cook the fruit a bit in a pan. It depends on the fruit.
- Place the fruit in an ovenproof dish.
- Lay the crumble on top.
- Cook in the oven till done.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.