Leek and Potato Soup
This is a warming winter soup. Served thick, it's a real ribsticker. It freezes well, in fact the texture improves greatly through freezing.
- blender, liquidiser or food processor
- fairly big saucepan
- 900g or 21b leeks, chopped weight
- 900g or 2lb potatoes, chopped weight, skins optional
- 600ml or 1pt stock
- some butter or vegan margarine
- Chop vegetables finely before weighing.
- Sweat leeks in butter. (On a low heat, melt the butter into the leeks, put the lid on and leave for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionallly to prevent sticking or burning.)
- Add potatoes and stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for at least 30 minutes unti soft.
- Cool (This is very important, Mother didn't leave the chicken soup to cool once, the lid of the liquidiser broke and she got burnt.)
- Liquidise until fairly smooth.
- Serve hot.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.