Alan Turing and Morphogenesis
After saving the world and starting the future during World War II,
Alan Turing got to work on something really important, ie morphogenesis.
Not a lot of people know that.
- The Chemical Basis of Morphogenesis - A. M. Turing (14 Aug 1952);
Philos Trans Royal Soc London B 237(641):37 (Turing's only published
paper on biology; is in JSTOR)
- A Commentary on Turing's Diffusion-Reaction Theory of Morphogenesis
- C. W. Wardlaw (Feb 1953); New Phytologist 52(1):40 (in JSTOR)
- Alan Turing and Biology - P. T. Saunders (Jul 1993); IEEE Annals
Hist Comp 15(3):33
- Collected Works of A.M. Turing: Morphogenesis - ed. P. T. Saunders
(1 Nov 1992); North Holland, ISBN 0444884866 (collects Turing's
unpublished papers, plus the published one)
- An excellent
website with a very detailed bibliography bit