James Bond Top Tens
Top tens are a good thing! Let's have some James Bond Top Tens!
How about we write nominations as an unordered list, then sort them into an ordered list, eg by voting.
Top Ten Actors Playing Bond
We may need to use a quite small value of 'ten'.
- Tim Dalton [1 TA]
- Sean Connery [2 TA] [3 TL] [2 MF]
- George Lazenby [4 MF] [4 TL]
- Roger Moore [3 TA] [1 TL][3 MF]
- Pierce Brosnan [2 TL][1 MF]
- Woody Allen
- David Niven
Top Ten Bond Villains
- Ernst Blofeld has to be number one, simply because he's been in so many
- Baron Samedi is pretty entertainingly nuts
- Elliot Carver? plans to start a war to get 100 years of exclusive broadcasting rights in China. So he's completely bonkers.
- Hamish Mac Beth? (He feels no pain)
Top Ten Bond Villains' Secret Lairs
- Ernst Blofeld's hollowed-out volcano (You Only Live Twice) (<http://www.artofjamesbond.com/adam2.htm>)
- Hugo Drax?' cloaked space station (it's over the top and not terribly in the Bond spirit, but it's still pretty cool) (Moon Raker?)
- Hugo Drax?' Aztec temple launch complex (the Golden Eye? level is, arguably, better than the set in the film, though) (Moon Raker?)
- Karl Stromberg?'s undersea 'Atlantis' (The Spy Who Loved Me?)
Top Ten Bond Vehicles
- Q's 'fishing boat' (The World Is Not Enough?)
- Little Nellie the gyrocopter (You Only Live Twice)
- The Lotus that turns into a submarine
- The BMW? remote-controlled by mobile phone. "Hello, I'm in the..." (screeching tyres) "...whoops!" (Tomorrow Never Dies?)
- Acrostar stunt plane (Octopussy teaser: was that stunt done for real?)
Top Ten Bond Villains' Implausible Plans
- Gold Finger?'s radioactive Fort Knox idea (Gold Finger?) ( More cunningness in the "Goldfinger II" RPG scenario: Goldfinger appears to have discovered alchemy, so when the agents escape and report back to MI6? and the news leaks out to the markets and the price drops, Goldfinger buys all the gold as the alchemy was merely a faked "before I kill you" moment. Auric does on this occasion remark that he is "Truly the man with the Midas touch" which implies he is somehow aware of his own theme tune, like Xena and Ally Mc Beal?. Please edit. - MAB )
Top Ten Bond Girls
- Honey Ryder, played by Ursula Andress; after all, she plays the one Bond girl scene everyone can remember, and the main one homaged in Die Another Day (Dr No?)
- Xenia Onatopp, played by Famke Janssen; Bond girls traditionally have some sort of double-entendre related name, but as an added bonus, Miss Onatopp kills people with her thighs! (Golden Eye?)
- Solitaire, not only a good looker but with extra clairvoyant powers! (Live and Let Die)
- Wai Lin, or whatever the Michelle Yeoh character was called: arguably the first Bond Girl to really kick ass on a level with 007... (Tomorrow Never Dies?)
Top Ten Bond Villains' Space Weapons
- The diamond laser thing in Die Another Day
- The diamond laser thing in Diamonds Are Forever?
- The germ-bomb-firing space station, which is technically a weapon because it fires germ bombs (Moon Raker?)
- The satellite-swallowing whatsit
- The Golden Eye? satellite; actually a bit pants, as it knocks out computers rather than actually blowing things up (Golden Eye?)
- The Sea-Vac; it's so silly, it's good. And hard enough to turn a destroyer into a Dinky toy... (Tomorrow Never Dies) However, it isn't a space weapon, it's a sea weapon.