[Debian-haskell] Yhc debian package

Trent Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 15:43:13 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 02:36:18PM +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> >Maybe I'm being dense here, but why would either of you need to host it?
> >If it's packaged for Debian, let's upload it to Debian and let it be
> >part of apt-get and mirrored worldwide!
>
> I was under the (quite possibly mistaken!) position that Debian tends
> to bundle releases, rather than snapshots. We'd like to make snapshots
> available as well as released, if Debian can have those in its repo in
> some way, that would be great.

I don't know what the policy is on including packages of non-release
(i.e. development, snapshot) versions in Testing and Stable, but
snapshots of GNU Emacs are definitely available in Unstable.

I have the impression it's entirely up to the package maintainer about
what releases and/or snapshots she chooses to upload to Debian, but I
can't find anything in the policy manual[1] about it.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
--
Trent Buck, Student Errant