Chocolate and Cream Icing
This icing is really for the rich dark chocolate cake recipe. Anything decorated with this icing should be stored in the cold or a fridge. Use less cream and add icing sugar to make it harder, the pure icing below is a pretty soft icing that won't really travel or do cakes that are to be decorated well.
- 200g or 7oz plain chocolate
- 200ml or 7 fluid oz double cream
- icing sugar to stiffen (optional)
- Heat chocolate and cream together in bain marie.
- Beat well until smooth.
- Leave to stand for at least 10 minutes until thickened.
- At this stage beat in icing sugar until you are happy with the consistency.
- Spread over cake and leave to set for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.