This looks absolutely vile when you are mixing it and you just need to concentrate on how yummy it is when done. Be very careful not to curdle it!
- 8 inch fluted sandwich tin (with pastry base in it)
preheated oven, 180C 350F GM4 (moderate) (160C fan assisted)
- 100g or 4oz butter
- 100g or 4oz sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Bake blind a Fleur Pastry base.
- Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add beaten eggs and breadcrumbs to creamed butter and sugar alternately and slowly.
- Add lemon juice VERY GRADUALLY (literally drip by drip and mix throughly between drips), taking care not to let mixture curdle
- Pour into Fleur Pastry base.
- Bake until fairly set.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 12th May 2001.