This is based on an Icelandic recipe, tweaked for using UK measurements. This makes 8 waffles using my single heart shaped waffle iron. Don't forget to preheat your iron!
- 4.5oz plain white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1.5 oz butter, melted
- 6.5oz milk
- 2 drops lemon juice
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add a little milk and mix.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well to get rid of the worst lumps
- Add the rest of the milk and mix
- Add the lemon juice and mix in quickly
- Cook on your waffle iron as directed by the manufacturer, for 2-4 minute to preference.
This page was last updated by Mad Hatter
on 22nd March 2020..